Thursday, April 30, 2009

evergreen tree

jeremiah 17.7-8 (from god to me via nina's gchat status [;)

7 but blessed am [i] who trust in the lord
and have made the lord [my] hope and confidence.
8 [i] am like a tree planted along a riverbank,
with roots that reach deep into the water.
such trees are not bothered by the heat
or worried by long months of drought.
[my] leaves stay green,
and [i] never stop producing fruit.


this is the most beautiful imagery ever. [; i want to be this tree. in my life, lord be my hope and my confidence. so. i can be this evergreen tree rooted deeply in the depths of your waters. that this evergreen tree would not be bothered by heat or worried by long months of drought. may my leaves stay green, and never stop producing fruit.


you give and take away, yet i choose to bless your name.

1 comment: